Top Reasons to work at Voyagers’ Community School
Voyagers’ Community School, in Eatontown, New Jersey, the preeminent private and non-profit progressive school in Monmouth County, provides daycare, preschool, and elementary, middle and high school. Our core values among our employees are Integrity, Trust, Excellence, Teamwork, and Lightheartedness. We have a tight-knit team of professional faculty and staff and we want to hire YOU to join us, if you are inspired by Excellence!
A great group of kids and staff
- Free or reduced childcare.
- Health Insurance options.
- Paid holidays.
- Digital equipment and services.
- Teacher appreciation massages, meals and snacks.
- Coffee and tea on-site.
- Curious and engaged students.
- Supportive and involved families.
- Beautiful, spacious classrooms.
- Plenty of teacher materials and supplies.
- Opportunity to be creative and flexible in designing and implementing curriculum.
- Freedom to capitalize on “teachable moments” rather than adhering to a rigid plan.
- Real, authentic work that matters for the children, teachers and parents.
- Team oriented, cooperative, resourceful and friendly co-workers.
- Recognition for a job well done.
- A referral program with opportunities for bonuses and celebrations.
- Mentorship provided to new teachers.
- Opportunities to make a positive difference in our school and the surrounding community.
- Endless opportunities for growth.
- Time to get to know children over years, form relationships with them and watch them grow into adults.
- Fun, fun, fun!
- Operating for 14 years, with an average teacher tenure of 8 years; collectively we have over 102 years of teaching experience!
Associate Director/Lead Teacher
Voyagers’ Community School, located in Eatontown, New Jersey, is a progressive, Reggio Inspired, nature and project-based school for children, 3 months to 18 years of age. We are accepting cover letter, resume and a philosophy of education statement for Lead Teachers/Associate Director. Employment will begin on or before December 2017. We will assist with relocation costs if apropos.
Leadership and Management:
- Establish and oversee the daily operations of the classrooms you are assigned to;
- Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of the program being offered;
- Lead team meetings with the assistance and guidance of the Pedagogista;
- Research and maintain current best practices in ECE.
Participate in ongoing tasks for the Infant, Toddler and Preschool programs
- Compose weekly blog, newsletters and other correspondence;
- Manage the program calendar;
- Assist in pursuing And maintaining accreditations;
- Attend and present at professional development workshops and conferences;
- Oversee the organization and aesthetic of each classroom environment;
- Coordinate staff scheduling and approve time records.
Promote the program and increase enrollment
- Communicate the Vision and Mission of Voyagers’ to staff, parents and community members;
- Participate in designing promotional campaigns;
- Plan and Host open house events;
- Be present in professional and social circles that increase our reach into communities and our contact with parents;
- Join professional organizations and remain cognizant if new trends and approaches to promoting preschool programs.
- Observe and coach preschool staff;
- Coach interns, student teachers, associate teachers and aides;
- Demonstrate best practices for teaching staff;
- Establish systems and routines for tracking staff progress and development;
- Conduct formal evaluations of staff;
- Plan and organize training for staff;
- Produce individual child and classroom documentation;
- Assist in identifying developmental concerns and refer children for further evaluation when needed.
- Collaborative and reflective;
- Focused on innovation and creative problem solving;
- Thinker, listener, observer and strong communicator;
- Adept at building positive relationships with children parents and teachers;
- Ability to lead, train and inspire;
- Resilient, flexible and able to organize time and responsibilities.
- Bachelor degree in ECE required;
- Masters degree in education preferred;
- Minimum of 2 years teaching in a progressive, constructivist, Reggio Inspired ECE program;
- Must meet all state requirements.
*Apply: [email protected]
After School Activities Manager
Everything we do at Voyagers’ Community School is designed to keep every child engaged and growing. That means a focus on the individual student. Through activities, instruction and support we teach students to work through challenges, respect each other’s differences, and strive to be their very best individually and collectively.
Job Description and Desired Qualifications:
We are seeking a dynamic, energetic, playful, and responsible activity manager to cultivate inquisitive minds among participants in our after-school program during the 2017-2018 academic year and in our summer camp 2018. Amass a team and a menu of offerings that leads to fun, innovative, and quality experiences.
Build children’s confidence through creative clubs and classes, physical activities and free play.
We are interested in hiring a person who demonstrates flexibility, a positive attitude, and professional demeanor.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with children in a school or camp setting, an understanding of the social needs of K-8 students, strong communication and organizational skills, the ability to detect and manage others and the motivation to create the very best after school program in the county.
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise, interact with and engage students
- Facilitate clubs, classes and recreational activities
- Communicate program needs to the Founding Director
- Attend regular staff meetings and professional development
Successful candidates must also demonstrate the following:
- An understanding and love of children
- High energy and creativity
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility, patience, and a good sense of humor
Schedule and Hours:
- This is a part-time position from October 2017 through June 13, 2018. The after-school workday is Monday-Friday 2:30-6:30 p.m.
- The summer camp work day is 8:00 – 4:30 for 8-10 weeks. Additional hours are necessary during school holidays, in-service days, school vacations and while planning and hiring for summer camp.
Preschool Assistant (Part-Time)
We are seeking a Toddler/Preschool Assistant and Aftercare Provider for Monday through Friday, part-time, about 20-25 hours per week. You will have the opportunity to work with our youngest children and get to know the older children too. You’ll be part of the preschool team. This position could lead to a full-time opportunity with our awesome preschool.
The ideal candidate meets the following requirements:
- THE DESIRE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE in the lives of others
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a child care center.
- A professional, positive attitude.
- Classroom duties include but aren’t limited to: helping children with eating, diapering/toileting, cleaning, keeping a clean and safe room, keeping appropriate logs and making sure everything is in compliance with our school standards.
- Able to stand for long periods of time, frequent walking, sitting on the floor and playing with children, being able to lift up to a 40 lb child in an emergency situation. You must be able to get up off the floor and stand up quickly. This is a physically ACTIVE role.
- A loving demeanor with children!
- Classroom experience and CPR certification.
- Able to communicate with other staff and parents clearly in both verbal and written form. Ability to speak a second language fluently is a plus.
All candidates must pass a criminal background check.
We hire for ATTITUDE, not necessarily aptitude. We will train you to excel in a child care environment, if you have the passion to do so! So even if you don’t meet all the requirements listed above, still consider applying if you’re a bright, motivated, loving, positive person who wants to be a part of a winning team and make a difference in the lives of children and families.
Math Teacher, Upper School (Part-Time)
We are seeking a math teacher who can provide instruction and support teachers who are instructing in pre algebra, algebra, statistics and probability, personal finance and calculus. If you love math and enjoy teaching with manipulative and real life examples, we are looking for YOU.
- The ideal candidate meets the following requirements:
- A professional, positive attitude.
- Classroom duties include but are not limited to: supporting teachers, working one to one and in small groups with students, providing direct instruction, creating curriculum, communicate and collaborate with fellow teachers, and documenting children’s learning using a digital portfolio platform
- A caring and patient demeanor with students!
- Classroom experience. We will consider certified and noncertified teachers and interns
All candidates must pass a criminal background check.
To apply for any position listed above email a letter of interest and resume to
Karen Giuffre’, Founding Director, [email protected].